Saturday 1 March 2014

1920's Hair Styles



So I had the challenge of doing 3 of my house mates hair!
 They each have very different cuts and hair density, so it was a little big of a challenge. 


( a shameless selfie!)

 For my own hair: 

I used a statement necklace as a hair piece, which I attached by kirby grips
I pinned one side back, and put black roses along the necklace.
For the rest of my hair I added hair extensions (which isn't a new thing) and curled the whole lot!
It was a very simple look style, but I wanted to keep the emphasis on the jewellery!

Victoria! 


I found this one more of a struggle just because it was just so short to try and curl!

To begin with I changed the parting to a side one, then curled the whole head (or as much as I could due to length) 
I then brushed out the curls and started to add volume by back combing it.
Before I went any further, I split her hair in half and added the headband.
I found that that made it easier to work the hair around it! I then pinned the larger side parting almost like a quiff.

This is the end result! 



Morgan!


This was the quickest hair to do; it took, less than 5minuets.
To begin with I brushed her hair from and inch behind her parting backwards! 
From that I split it up and backcombed it to give it volume. 
I then pinned it down by taking 2 strands from either side and overlapping them with each other. 
This creates a woven look.
I then added the headband on top of the hair at the front and underneath the rest of the hair.
The hair left long I curled on a very low heat (around 180 to 190) this created a very loose wave/curl.

This is the final result!



Lauren! 



Another really simple look!
I again gave her a large parting which I volume’d up by back combing it. 
I then curled the whole head and brushed it through, and finished it by adding the headband.
To prevent the curls looking bushy and untamed, I sprayed with Aussie, and brushed Argon oil through; this made it smooth and gave the top the wave.

This is the finished look!



Give it a try and let me know what you think or how you get on! 
If you need any more advice, or a more detailed explanation get in touch!


Lots of love always,
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Great blog post and amazing hair as usual! Sorry for having a short 'do but you do wonders to it and made me feel lovely :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vicky! I do try, Im glad I make you and your bonce feel good! :) xxx

      Delete